How many games will the Bulls push the Cavs too?

Sunday 3 January 2010

Copenhagen

I arrived in Copenhagen on the 1st not knowing where I was living or if anyone was meeting me at the airport. I didn't have a phone or any Danish money. Pretty well prepared otherwise. I had a terrible hangover and probably looked like a bum who hadn't shaved in a week. The night before me, Mark, and his two crazy girl cousins went to a club called Earth in Derry. We waited in the "cue" for about an hour before getting into the most crowded place I'd ever been. I was fairly sober and so was Mark. He had planned on not getting drunk because of the long ride we had at 5:30 in the morning the next day. Well I warned him that wouldn't last long and sure enough 4 or 5 Goldschlager shots later we were both feeling a lot better about the night. We lost his cousins immediately but found our Ulster Project friend Catherine and her friends. We basically took shots in between songs as we danced for 4 hours. Not a good idea when I was flying the next day but I slept the whole car ride with Eamonn (Mark's uncle) and Mark. Eventually on my own in the Dublin airport I felt completely lost. The place was a zoo because they had gotten like 2 millimeters of snow and had canceled tons of flights. 2 mm! It was a joke. Every worker in the airport was too hungover to be helpful and I waited in hours of lines but finally got on my flight. Again I slept the whole time and after I got my bags I went to leave and this girl was waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. Her name was Nina and was awesome. She had my key to the apartment that I had no clue was reserved for me until July. Once I unpacked and got my apartment set up I was once again lost. Still no phone, no internet, no money etc so I did what I do best, I slept. I slept from around 5:30 pm to 11:30 am the next day. I guess I needed it. Then I explored the city, got a cell phone, outlet converter and groceries. After that I had nothing to do and no one to talk to so I read a 500 page book. Seriously all I did was read for hours. Now it's Sunday the 3rd and I'm in an Internet Gaming Facility. Didn't know they existed but it's the only place with internet. It's filled with criminal looking guys and a handful of 7 year olds playing World Of Warcraft. So scary so I'm gonna end there and get the hell out of here. Pretty boring first days in CPH I gues, but class starts tomorrow so hopefully I'll have more interesting stories.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you've got a blog goin' Riley. It'll be nice to live vicariously through your travels the next few months. Enjoy yourself buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have pwnd thoose noobs in some WoW bro...

    ReplyDelete