How many games will the Bulls push the Cavs too?

Thursday 14 January 2010

Copenhagen Round 1

Well clearly this blog is a self fulfilling prophecy. I knew I wouldn't keep it updated often so apologies for all you people dying to know what's happening with me and my super interesting life. Copenhagen has been amazing so far. The people are awesome and as friendly as they come. The Danish class I am taking is also fun, but the language is impossible. They only pronounce half the letters in the words which makes learning the language hard. Not too mention the Chicago accent I'm told I have makes me sound ridiculous speaking Danish. I'm excited for real classes to start so a bunch of German kids can't snicker at me saying Hi my name is Patrick in Danish. Nah the kids in my class are awesome, we laugh so much it makes the lessons bearable. There are 3 Germans, a Russian, a New Zelander, a Canadian, a Lithuanian, a Polish girl, 5 Americans, and 2 Italians. Lots of different languages being spoken all the time but they all speak great English too. Last night was the first International party at the Student Bar and almost everyone went. It was awesome seeing all the shy kids in class let loose a little. I of course let loose a lot and succeeded in being the funny dancing American. Needless to say today's class smelled like a brewery. Everyone was useless and with our test a week away the teacher wasn't too pleased. We tried to explain to her that it was inevitable and in my case she was pretty darn lucky I made the trek to hear her babble for 3 hours. Stories are always a side effect of going out so here goes. I got super lost and wandered the streets of Copenhagen for about an hour last night. I actually enjoyed it until I realized how tired I was and I was probably walking farther away from my place. I lost all dignity and called a cab. The bar was awesome and as always I was a dancing fiend. I blew the Danes away with my dance moves. I left in search of fast food and realized 24 hour McD's are purely American. I just wanted a damn McChicken so bad. No wonder everyone in Denmark is in good shape. They can't gorge on fast food at 4 in the morning and they zoom around on bikes all the time. Unfortunately my favorite part of bikes, seeing insane bike accidents, rarely happens. Nothing is funnier then seeing a guy get trucked by an Asian girl flying to class in CU. Oh well you can't have everything. I have been putting off my homework for about 5 hours now so I'm going to have to get on that. Hope everyone enjoyed their X-mas breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment