How many games will the Bulls push the Cavs too?

Monday 15 March 2010

London




So it has been a month and a half since I updated. I apologize to the loyal fans of this exceptional blog site. I have done a ton in the days since I last posted so I will split it up into multiple posts. The third weekend in February I visited my good friend, Mark McDaid in London. Not having an international phone turned out to be a significant problem on this trip. From the airport to Mark's house I was instructed to take 2 trains and a bus, but he was going to meet me halfway at Clapham Junction, the busiest rail station in Britain. Since I didn't have a phone we set a time and hoped for the best. Unfortunately my plane was delayed about an hour and it took another hour to get through Gatwick's ridiculous customs. By the time I got to Clapham I couldn't find Mark so I took the next train. About an hour later I stumbled up to his address at 2 a.m. Too bad Mark was still at Clapham. It was a pretty exhausting adventure for the both of us but the next day was beautiful out and I was blown away by London. I expected a good time but just walking through the city and seeing the famous landmarks impressed me more than any city I've been to. Friday night got a little wild. Me, Mark, and 3 of his girlfriends pregamed in his house and 4 bottles later were on a train to On Anon. As soon as we got there the bouncer said Mark looked too drunk. We were all drunk but no one was in a bad state so we went to another couple clubs and danced all night. Coming home we got lost on a bus and wound up at Wimbledon at 6 am. A long taxi ride and we were finally home. The next day Mark didn't get out of bed until dinner time but we still rallied and had a fun night at local bars in Twickenham. On Sunday we went to Camden Market. The market was yet another awesome part of London. The only bad part was my choice of lunch for the day. We all decided on these amazing looking fajitas. The guy working the stand decided parmesan cheese was cool on a fajita. Uh no. They were terrible. Considering I didn't finish mine, I love fajitas, and I never ever don't finish a meal should put some perspective on how unappetizing they really were. That said, a bad fajita couldn't ruin this amazing weekend. My host couldn't have shown me a better time and the city was beautiful. The Tuesday after I returned from London was moving day. I decided to move into a shared flat with some people I had met. My other place was closer to school and living on my own I never had to be fully clothed but the building itself was dead and a little depressing. So far the decision has been a success. On Thursday I turned around and flew to Amsterdam with one of my new flatmates, but more about that trip later. 2 songs I've been lovin on are Your Touch by the Black Keys and Walking On A Dream by Empire of the Sun. Hope everyone reading this is doing well. Miss you all and enjoy St. Patty's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment